Adobe FDK with Frank Grießhammer / 2016
The Adobe FDK workshop is a yearly workshop introducing the concepts of the Adobe Font Development Kit for OpenType (AFDKO) to prospective users. Established by Miguel Sousa almost a decade ago, with the intention of giving type design students a bit more confidence when it comes to technical challenges. Traditionally, the workshop has taken place in the type design programs of Reading and The Hague, but this year, for the first time, Frank Grießhammer has come to Moscow, to the Type Design Workshop!
The workshop program includes:
- • brief introduction to using the command line
- • overview of tools provided in the Adobe FDK
- • introduction to building fonts using the Adobe FDK
- • introduction of PS and TT hinting with examples
- • overview and application of OpenType features
- • a number of exercises to apply and understand FDK workflows
It does sound a little intimidating, but under Frank’s talented supervision, the course will be fun and easy!